Phillips Esq., Financial Analyst and Licensed Attorney
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

T know if you can help me, but i habe a credit score of 822

Customer Question

Hi
Don't know if you can help me, but i habe a credit score of 822 and one default due to lare payments from a student credit card. This was satisfied in 2013 but i am finding it difficult to get a 90% mortgage; is this possible in your opinion? Is there anything i can do to help remove this off my credit score? I believe it stays for 6 years once satisfied so i wouldnt be able to get a mortgage until 2019!!
Any advice would be great.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Regrettably, you cannot remove a valid credit information from your file before the requisite period that the information must stay on your credit record, which is 7 years (six years and nine months generally).

As for the possibility of getting a loan, it really depends on the lender's requirements. Different lenders have different underwriting criteria. So, you need to call quite a few lenders to see if anyone would be able to lend to you at favorable terms considering that your credit score is relatively high.