Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

If I am receiving a monthly per diem particular location and

Customer Question

If I am receiving a monthly per diem for my particular location and pay a flat rate for my monthly rent at this location, and I travel for a couple of days a month back to my home office . . . does the government per diem stop when I travel back and start again when I return to the assigned location?
Thanks
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your question, your travel to a rented location is directly related to your work. Therefore, both way journey, to and fro, are business travel and therefore, your per diem should NOT stop while you travel back to your home office.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards