Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
51959094

2–3 methods currently being used to encourage economic

Customer Question

2–3 methods currently being used to encourage economic growth for the typical firm in Hong Kong and for the typical firm in Singapore
Category: Finance
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Hong Kong and Singapore both have policies of very low taxes as well as minimal government intervention in the economy. If you look the at the Index of Economic Freedom (found here: https://goo.gl/MM87TZ) you will see that Hong Kong is ranked number one with Singapore being ranked second. In addition, both places have been very open to foreign direct investment and sought to be leading transportation hubs as both have some of the busiest shipping ports in the world.

I hope this answer is what you are looking for. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions. Thanks, Jonathan