Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Business Clinical Psychologist I am a psychologist

Customer Question

Business Clinical Psychologist
I am a psychologist --74---and phasing down and really don't want or need to stop doing private practice. However, with first all the HIPAA stuff and constant threats even when I try to do what is right and appropriate, and then now the ICD-10 stuff in Oct. Then the changes of Medicare (I do have some Medicare clients) I sometimes am very tempted to make silver jewelry and beads and visit friends and swim....and say the heck with it. However, I don't really want to ...I enjoy doing some private practice. But I do worry some about---what if I haven't dotted every iota of the HIPAA Demand....or how much will it take to roll over to ICD-10.....or ......or....
(No, I don't need therapy---I need professional business support and advise here.)
I believe the DSM-5 actually has ICD-10 in it for each dx......yet I see all these ads for workshops on the subject. I actually ordered one yesterday from PESI. Wonder if that will be enough.......
Your thoughts, advise, etc. would be welcomed on this topic. What free sources exist on this topic. Any?
Thanks,
Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Unfortuntately free sources do not exist --- this is too much of an issue and so everyone is capitalizing on this. The workshop will help -- you may find more value in hiring a consultant to come in and maybe do a day or so of one-on-one.

Another thing --- if you like helping people and don't want to do a regular practice would be to look into an online platform where you can help people -- perhaps like Talkspace? Are you familiar with it? They would pay you for your clients and it's online and not as protected (and the website itself, not you, are responsible for the information contained) --- it may allow you to do all those things you said you want to do in retirement, while still having a little bit to do on the side to keep your mind occupied. I don't know what type of traffic you could expect but it's worth looking into.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't rate to finish because, while I appreciate what you said, I feel that a Psychologist with Business experience might have a more needed perspective.

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
We don't have any of those online. Good luck to ya. At 74, it's about time to retire.