PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
Experience:  Tax professional and business consultant for 35 years.
64119565

Is it possible to place all of my personal assets and bank

Customer Question

Is it possible to place all of my personal assets and bank accounts into a trust that I am sole trustee of or assign them to a LLC that I am sole owner so that in the case that I am sued I have limited actual personal exposure to loss of cash or assets?
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Your plan won't work unless you relinquish adequate control of the assets, AND you do so well in advance of threatened litigation from a creditor looking to win a judgment.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
The transfer only changes the address of the assets, if you will, not who owns them.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to make this transfer, but a debtor/creditor attorney must be involved to insure that your wishes are met by the trust. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer