Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

If it's impossible to get quality treatment when you're in

Customer Question

If it's impossible to get quality treatment when you're in crisis because you don't have the money how are you supposed to get better, let alone survive? My medicaid coverage comes & goes so I've given up on consistent therapy or meds because I can't afford it . . . so how about me and everyone like me . . . Are we just destined to tap out for lack of green pieces of paper? I know I'm not the only one in this position . . . I need to get better, this is a deadly disease. I have a family that needs me, and I'm disappearing--just another silent casualty.
Should I PAY for an answer to this question? When I already know all the canned answers? Look up your local sliding-scale and good-intentioned mental health professional, right? Except I am actually complicated and need a doctor that doesn't say, "You're too high-functioning to be Borderline..." lol. Yeah--my sliding-scale theRapist apparently thinks high-functioning and mental illness is mutually exclusive. You and I know better, right?
I need real help. I have no money, dependable insurance, or assets. These things should not be a death sentence.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Go to a large University Teaching hospital. Many times they offer free care to patients like yourself who fall through the financial cracks.
Yes. You will be seen by residents in training...but....you will also be treated and evaluated by Professors who are at the cutting edge of their fields.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS