Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

Our Society ( a charity) recently sold one property and simultaneously

Customer Question

Our Society ( a charity) recently sold one property and simultaneously purchased another. The process was handled by the lawyers for each party involved. The end result was that we received a payment being the difference between the sale price and the purchase price. Clearly, the purchased property needs to appear in our assets and the property sold removed from our assets. The value of the property we sold as it appeared in our assets was based on the government valuation which was well below the sale price. I need help on how to enter relevant numbers into our accounts.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 1 year ago.
I will need the specific dollar amounts and we can discuss the entries via telephone. I will send you an offer.
do you stull need help?