Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

If a medicaid patient goes to her ob appointment and gets a

Customer Question

If a medicaid patient goes to her ob appointment and gets a referral to see a Dr for high blood pressure is the patient responsibility or the referring ob to make the appointment?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,.This, although possibly done as a courtesy by some docors, is typically the responsibility of the patient..As a matter of fact, if you go to just about any hospital or practice's web site you'll see a statement that looks something like this:."Although XXXX does not require a referral for some specialty services, some insurance providers require referrals. Please check with your insurance provider prior to requesting an appointment.".MUCH more common for the patient to make the appointment ... The referral is just something that may be required for a service to be covered..Have I understood your question correctly?.Let me know..Lane.