Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

Actually I do not know where to go , I have been

Customer Question

Actually I do not know where to go for advise, I have been lending money for rent and car repairs ( no documents, just her word) and She told me she is not going to pay me back... is to much money. Who is the proper attorney to ask for advise
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.
If the amount is $5,000 or less, you can try suing in Small Claims Court would be the route to take. However, as you don't have a paper trail proving that you have loaned money to this person, you're going to have a tough time trying to prove your case. A General Law attorney is the type of attorney that you can consult. However, without a paper trail (proof), you'll just be giving your money away to the attorney. Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$33000 is what I have in checks to a landlord for her rent and Interest paid for payroll loans in my name to help her.
Hello again,
Ok, so you do have a paper trail. Can you prove that the loans were taken out to help her though. If not, you will have an issue. You can consult a General Law Practitioner and they can likely tell you the route to take. Again, though I am not a lawyer, I have worked as a Paralegal before, if you can't prove your case, you will likely lose the case. In a case like this, you definitely need a paper trail. We do have lawyers on the site. If you feel inclined to do so, repost your question in the legal category and see if you can get better advise from someone who is licensed to practice law. Again, what I have written is just my general opinion, but I do know enough about law to know that in matters like this, you need a paper trail.