Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

In chapter 13, 6 months left. Owe less than 500 bucks on one

Customer Question

In chapter 13, 6 months left. Owe less than 500 bucks on one of our two cars covered in plan. Probably will be paid off in about 60 days. We hit a deer tonight and it may have totaled our car. Do we wait to submit claim to insurance until after the lien is released ?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your situation, you need not wait. Once the lien is released, you can proceed to submit the claim to the insurance.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards