Megan C , Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

"FOR VIRTUAL CPA, A.K.A. MEGAN C., ONLY PLEASE" A person

"FOR VIRTUAL CPA, A.K.A. MEGAN C., ONLY PLEASE"

A person once told me that 5 years is the longest amount of time possible that it takes to find a job; therefore, if one has a quantity of at least 5 years worth of a desired salary's pay saved up in savings, he/she should be O.K. Do you agree with everything this person said? If not, what do you say? Thank you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

Megan C :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for requesting me directly

Megan C :

I agree that it should not take you longer than five years to search for a job, so five years worth of living costs in a savings account should be a safe amount to have. You should be okay if you have that much expenses saved up.

Megan C :

It should not take you longer than 5 years to find a job, if you are dedicated to your job search.