Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

"FOR VIRTUAL CPA, A.K.A. MEGAN C. ONLY PLEASE" How much

"FOR VIRTUAL CPA, A.K.A. MEGAN C. ONLY PLEASE"

How much cash on hand do you recommend a person, that doesn't have too much faith in banks, keep in his/her house for a rainy day, emergencies, disasters, catastrophes, and stuff? Thank you.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

O.K. Thank you.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for requesting me directly. I would suggest that you keep around $5,000 cash in your home for emergencies. This is enough to get you through if there are emergencies. You don't want too much cash in the case it is stolen.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If no further questions please don't hesitate to contact me. If I have answered your question, please rate as positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level