Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

California Business Payroll Tax payments. How to determine

California Business Payroll Tax payments. How to determine whether I make payments monthly or quarterly?

Megan C :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com. How are you today?

Megan C :

If you are required to make federal semi-weekly deposits, then you would make the same type of deposits for the state.

Megan C :

You are required to make California Semiweekly SDI and PIT deposits if you are required to make federal Semiweekly deposits AND you accumulate more than $500 in PIT during one or more payroll periods

Megan C :

You are required to make California Monthly SDI and PIT deposits if you are required to make federal Monthly or Quarterly deposits AND you accumulate $350 or more in PIT during one or more months of a quarter.

Megan C :

More information can be found, HERE

Megan C :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Megan C :

If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Jeff,

I see you were unable to join our live chat. If you would, please review my response. If satisfied, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Megan, if payroll is monthly, then am I only responsible for monthly deposits even if I exceed the minimum?

Yes, if your federal is Monthly then your state is monthly too, even if you exceed the minimum.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if you have any questions. If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.