Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

can you buy, sells and trade regularly with in an ira account

can you buy, sells and trade regularly with in an ira account Trad IRA , without setting up a brokerage account first ? What is Rule 144 and Category 14 as it applies to an opening of a standard brokerage account ?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

Rakhi Vasavada :

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Kindly remain online for a while as I prepare your reply.

Rakhi Vasavada :

I am sorry for your wait. Kindly remain online as I prepare your reply.

Rakhi Vasavada :

Let us being addressing the issue of rule 144. Sales of restricted stock are subject to Rule 144 of the federal Securities Act of 1933.

Resales of all unregistered stock purchased directly from the Company or an Affiliate of the Company are restricted under the federal securities laws. Examples of situations where the Company is required to place a restrictive legend on a stock certificate include acquisition of the shares by the shareholder (a) through a private placement memorandum, (b) as a result of a merger between a privately owned and a publicly owned company, or (c) as a result of converting a debenture to common shares.

Rakhi Vasavada :

Secondly, you will require a brokerage account before you can operate traditional IRAs. You will have to have an account with a designated broker.

Rakhi Vasavada :

Rule 14 prescribes the standard capital requirements for the broker.

Rakhi Vasavada :

I am sure this would help. You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this ist the only way we get compensated for assisting you. Alternatively please feel free to reply back if you need further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Experience: Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.