CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
Experience:  40+ years experience in taxes and financial planning
50756543

I have really bad credit and need an emergency loan for $4,000.00

I have really bad credit and need an emergency loan for $4,000.00 by tomorrow. What can I do?

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

With really bad credit and an emergency need you only have a few options.

1.A loan from an employer sponsored plan such as a 401(k) plan may possibly be arranged. Such a loan will require repayment terms and employer assistance in getting it processed quickly enough.

2.A payday type loan such as those available from numerous sources such as Western Sky. These lenders can be found on the internet and are available quickly (overnight). However, they are the least desirable lending source since they charge EXTREMELY high interest rates. If your present predicament repeats itself you will be caught between the proverbial "rock and a hard place". If you chose this route search carefully to get the best possible loan terms.

3.Perhaps a family member can assist. These are the most flexible lending sources and can often respond quickly but you do run the risk of damaged family relationships if you do not/cannot honor your agreement.