Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada , Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

my partner and I are both us citizens we have been together

my partner and I are both us citizens we have been together fourteen years...we have co-habitated in the same house for the past ten years in Fife Scotland...I am a dual citizen and receive a small pension from the uk government...she has been receiving a social security retirement benefits check monthly from Baltimore for at least ten years...upon her demise would I be entitled to widows or survivors benefits based on her monthly check on a common law basis as we are not married in the traditional sense
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I am happy to let you know that yes.. you WOULD be eligible for the survivors benefits.

You may please leave a positive racing if this helps as that is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, please feel free to revert back with a reply if you need further assistance.

Warm Regards