How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C , Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 16538
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I get a loan for my company from my foreign friends, do

Resolved Question:

If I get a loan for my company from my foreign friends, do they need to file tax return in the US? What is the tax rate?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

Megan C :

Thanks for your question, and thanks for using

Megan C :

How are you?

Megan C :

If a foreign person receives interest income from a loan made in the US, then they have interest revenue. The tax rate is 30%


Got it. Thx

Megan C and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, Matthew for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.