Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Im developing an iPhone/iPad app, and i need to know what

I'm developing an iPhone/iPad app, and i need to know what is the best way to spread it around the world?

Megan C :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

I realize you would like to market your iPhone/iPad app.

Megan C :

I have a few tips for you.

Megan C :

First you will need to develop a clean, bug free app that is easy to use. You should also write a good description for the app so that people understand what it is really for.

Megan C :

Once your app is approved for release, change the release date on the app to the day it is put in the store. It will default to the date you submitted the app, but changing this date will give you some free advertising by showing up on the "new" list.

Megan C :

Consider offering a free version of your app, which shows enough of the features but leaves out important things so that people are enticed to buy the full version.

Megan C :

Find tech blogs to write about your app - give them the app for free. They should never charge for this service. Stay away from blogs that want to charge for the review.

Megan C :

Offer your app free for a day to drum up downloads and get reviews in and rolling.

Megan C :

Adjust your apps price point - see what price consumers are willing to pay and be open with what you are charging them.

Megan C :

Also, make sure that you take to social networking to advertise your app. Take to Facebook/Twitter/any other social media site.

Megan C :

These are some tips that will help you market your new app.

Megan C :

Do you have any questions? If no further questions, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer: Thank you for your answer, but I still don't know how to make it very famous like (draw something) or (angry birds), well, I know not every app could make it to that level of popularity, but I think the game I'm developing deserves to be popular
Megan C :

The key would be get it out there, get people excited about it. I could not guarantee that you could make your app famous to that level, but the information I just gave you should get you started in that direction

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions?

Customer: No, thanks.
Megan C :

You're welcome!

Megan C :

If you would, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Megan C :

What's your app called? I'll keep an eye out for it :-)

Megan C :

I love playing games on my iPhone and iPad

Thanks, Abdul for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for closing the chat dialog, i thought the conversation was over. My game is called pencil challenge, but is not out yet. I will love to see you buying it :)
Thanks Abdul for getting back with me. I think it's awesome that you e developed an app. I'll be sure to get it when it comes out. I'll tell my friends too. Thanks