Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

i am a non-resident who wants to start an LLC. I don,t have

i am a non-resident who wants to start an LLC. I don,t have Social Security Number. Do i need SSN to create the LLC, or to open the business account or for tax purposes?
Thanks for your question and thanks for using JustAnswer. You do not need a social security number to open an llc. You can get a taxpayer ID called the ITIN by filling out form W-7. This can be used in place of a social security number. Your LLC can also get an EIN for banking purposes by filling out form ss-4. These will be used in place of a social security number.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again.
Thanks, Alex for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me in my rankings on the site. Thanks again.