Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Providing Financial, Tax & Business advice since 1986
1929974

Hi. Are there companies with whom one may contract to pay their

Hi. Are there companies with whom one may contract to pay their client's bills? Not a credit type company, but a service wherein they pay your bills for you?
Thanks.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

NPVAdvisor :

Sure, an agent (many times a CPA will provide this) can do this for you

NPVAdvisor :

Basically they will need to sign an agreement to be confidential AND to serve in a fiduciary capacity

NPVAdvisor :

You see this less and less today, hoqwever, as more and more banks offer this as a fairly automated service on the web sites for their customers

NPVAdvisor :

Hi!

Customer:

Is this a safe thing to do and can it be done for individuals?

NPVAdvisor :

In would contact a fee-only financial planner who is also a CPA. They adhere to a fiduciary standard (which means that legally they put your interests first... Here's the professional association for those folks:

NPVAdvisor :

http://napfa.org/

Customer:

Well, I have no money to speak of. I work 2 full time jobs and am 60 years old. I just can't hold on to money.

NPVAdvisor :

You'll notice that there's a "find an advisor" section on the bottom left ... use that to narrow down to your geographic area, then look for the ones that advertise as financial managers, that have both the CPA AND the CFP designation and finally, that will provide services by the project or hour

NPVAdvisor :

That's ok I'd use the search to call up a few of the ones that meet this criterias and give them a telephone interview

Customer:

Ok, will do. I don't think I'd call any of the ones who say "wealth management", right? :)

NPVAdvisor :

That's right ... just stay away from the ones that talk about AUM or Assets Under Management fees, they're essentially just investment folks .. TH folks who are part of the Garret Financial Network (I have no association) use a business model that should work for you

Customer:

Alright, I've narrowed it down to three. Thanks for you help. It may or may not work, depending. At least you've pointed me in the right direction. I love this website. :)

NPVAdvisor :

Thanks so much ... they're good folks the fee only people .. just be sure you dont stumble into the commission sales folks that try to steer you into an investment .. what you need is just basic financial management/planning

NPVAdvisor :

If the HAS helped, I'd appreciate a rating of 3(ok) or better... that's how they pay us here ... BUT if you need more on this, come back here, so you won't be charged for an additional question ... Thanks again

Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience: Providing Financial, Tax & Business advice since 1986
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Thanks so much Jane.

Being willing to ask for some help is one of the hardest things we humans do, but is generally one of the most rewarding.

Thanks again
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS