Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Clark, I am an 85 year old white male. Retired in 1983.

Clark, I am an 85 year old white male. Retired in 1983. Have 4 grown children 50 to63. Question is: Should buy some gold and silver in small spendable amounts. I thought about 5k or 10k to put into my safe until needed. Who knows what lies in store for us or our kids. What do you think? Stanley xxxx xxxx xxxx Village, Villa xxxx xxxx, Al. xxxx

MyVirtualCPA :

Hello, how are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a CPA here to help you with your finance question

MyVirtualCPA :

I think it's a great idea to purchase some small amounts of gold and silver to hold. Gold and silver will always be something that's good for trade, in the event something goes wrong

MyVirtualCPA :

If you're only going to invest $5,000 I would invest in silver.

MyVirtualCPA :

If you do silver and gold, I'd do $5k of each

MyVirtualCPA :

Do you have any further questions about purchasing gold and silver?

MyVirtualCPA :

If you have no further questions, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Stanley,

I see you were unable to join our live chat. If you would, please review my response and reply below if you have further questions. If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again!