Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

What physical proof of financial information & taxes do you

What physical proof of financial information & taxes do you need to have to apply for Medicaid? Example, do you need just your tax forms for the last 5 years or do you need to show all the receipts as well? This is for Illinois.
Thank you for contacting this Q&A service to assist you today. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with info that is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Q: What physical proof of financial information & taxes do you need to have to apply for Medicaid?

A: From the resources that I have referenced, there doesn't appear to be a clear cut answer to your question. None of the resources that I referenced go into specific details as to what physical proof is needed. However, tax returns should suffice and bank statements should suffice as proof of income. Based on my knowledge and the reference resources, I would say that you will not have to show receipts. Since the proof of financial information is not clearly stated, my suggestion would be to contact the applicable department and get the information directly from them. This way you will know for certain what physical proof is required. In addition, the two documents at the following links may be beneficial to you.

http://www.illinoislegaladvocate.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=5737

http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1628

Please let me know if you require additional assistance with this matter.

As we know that you have choices, again we thank you for choosing this Q&A service to assist you today.