Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

At one point my wife was able to request our 2011 tax transcript

At one point my wife was able to request our 2011 tax transcript online and then today she can't. I spoke with a tax advocate and she said our 2011 wasn't processed yet. I thought they were since she could request them. I need them immediately because I'm trying to buy a house. does anyone know of a quick way for me to get my tax transcripts. The sellers going to pull out soon and I'm living in hotels due to this issue.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

Customer:

depressed

MyVirtualCPA :

Please don't shoot the messenger, but there is no way to be able to get your transcripts immediately. The requests do take a few days to process and if your return has not been processed by the IRS there's no way to expedite the process

Customer:

how could it change from being able to make the request to not able to make the request.

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm truly sorry and I wish I had better news for you

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm not sure. You would have to call 1-800-829-1040 and speak with a representative about your individual account

Customer:

once they are processed on their server do you know of anyone I can contact to get them. i heard some tax attorneys and banks can do this

MyVirtualCPA :

All that banks and tax attorneys do is take your form 4506-T and send in the same request that you would send on your own

MyVirtualCPA :

There's nothing special that they do

Customer:

I saw an answer on this form were there were some people who had the software to pull it directly from the irs server

Customer:

that's what i'm trying to find right now

MyVirtualCPA :

You mean a service such as Proof of Tax?

MyVirtualCPA :

http://www.proofoftax.com/

Customer:

i never heard of them thanx

Customer:

do they count since its a tax return vs. tax transcript

MyVirtualCPA :

it won't count for the purpose of a bank...they will still want your transcript straight from the IRS

MyVirtualCPA :

but it would at least give them something immediately

Customer:

I went to irs office and they gave me stamped tax return and the underwritters rejected it

Customer:

some expert on your forum knows of people who can pull directly from irs server

Customer:

can you find this out for me?

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, it's called proof of tax. www.proofoftax.com

Customer:

but it's not tax transcript as we discussed beacause I think my tax transcript maybe out there

MyVirtualCPA :

The tax transcript that they need has to come directly from the IRS

Customer:

ok, thank you for your help. if you know of tax of advocate who could help me or tax attorneys in massachussets who could help me let me know.

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm sorry, but attorneys can't get this information any faster either. If you call 1-800-829-1040 you can order a transcript and have it in about 10 days, provided your return is processed

Customer:

you can mark this answered but I want a post question to get a hold of people with software to get tax transcript directly from IRS. An expert on your forum said this is possible. My realator also said so.

MyVirtualCPA :

Okay if you would, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

ok

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks so much!

Customer:

can u post for me rephrasing my question for your experts

MyVirtualCPA :

You would need to post a new question.

Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Stacey for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.