Lane
Lane, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986

If I am working by line count typing for a job but I must turn

If I am working by line count typing for a job but I must turn in my time for unemployment in $, how do I figure the correct figure to put down?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

NPVAdvisor :

NPVAdvisor :

What I would think you'll do is given them a conservative estimate based on the rate you're being paid per line?

NPVAdvisor :

Does that make sense? Have I understood your question correctly?

NPVAdvisor :

... having just read your "already tried" comment ...THY THIS: (if you can think back through the various projects you did, at 19.81 per hour): ... Let's say, for example, you worked on one piece for more than a full day, and you remember, or can pinpoint,where you were, at the end of the first day ... You can then count the lines, and divide the pay you made for the day by that number of line (the lines completed in that full day).

NPVAdvisor :

This would, of course, also work for any other project you did, (where you can go back and count the lines and pinpoint how many hours you worked on it).

NPVAdvisor :

Let me know if I can help further, or you'd like to drill down on this some more. ... I still don't see you coming into the chat here, so I'll move us to the "Q&A" mode, so you can ask any follow-up questions....

NPVAdvisor :

Let me know,

NPVAdvisor :

Lane

NPVAdvisor :

If this HAS helped, I would appreciate a feedback rating of 3 (OK) or better … That's the only way they will pay us here.

HOWEVER, if you need more on this, PLEASE COME BACK here, so you won't be charged for another question.

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jeff,

... just checking back in, as I never saw you come into the chat.

Let me know if you have questions or want to talk this through some more

Lane
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

What I am trying to find out is the mathematical way to figure out - if the work I have just done adds up to say $42.44 by line count method, how do I convert this into 'hours worked' at $19.81? Hopefully you are more mathematically inclined than I am.

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.
Ok,

That would be 42.44 (total amount earned) divided by 19.81 = 2.1423 hrs

or 2 hrs and 8 minutes

(you get the minutes by multiplying the decimamal amount times 60)
Lane, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience: Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Thank you Jeff.

If you’d like to work with me again, say “For Lane only …” at the beginning of your question.

Thanks again!

Lane

Lane, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Just let me know Jeff.

I'll be here.

and thanks so much.

Lane