Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Providing Financial, Tax & Business advice since 1986
1929974

Amex is offering a "Preferred Rewards Gold Card" that has a

Customer Question

Amex is offering a "Preferred Rewards Gold Card" that has a welcome bonus of 20,000 points when you spend £2,000 in the first three months (http://tinyurl.com/qxv9u53). Can you do some research and find out for me if both me and my spouse would qualify for the 20,000 point bonus if, independently, we apply for a such a card yet live at the same address? That is, is there any rule that limits the offer to one per household?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

NPVAdvisor :

NPVAdvisor :

I can find NOTHING limiting the card to a number of cards per household ... I find two paragraphs in the Terms than may affect, however ...

NPVAdvisor :

The annual fee is £125. With this offer you will receive the first year of Cardmembership with £0 annual fee. From year two of your membership, a £125 annual fee will automatically be charged to your account on or after the anniversary of your account opening date. The first year fee waiver is only available to new American Express Charge Cardmembers. A customer is not considered a new Charge Cardmember if they hold or have held in the last 6 months another American Express Charge Card.

NPVAdvisor :

Note where I've underlined

NPVAdvisor :

And

NPVAdvisor :

The 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £2,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Cards in the past 6 months.

NPVAdvisor :

Again, note the underlining

NPVAdvisor :

I have read the entire terms of service, as well as what they call their summary box, and can find nothing limiting the offer to one per household

NPVAdvisor :

Hope this helps

NPVAdvisor :

Let me know if you have questions,

NPVAdvisor :

Lane

Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience: Providing Financial, Tax & Business advice since 1986
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Thanks MUCH for the rating.

If you'd like to work with ME again just say "For Lane only," at the beginning of your next question.

Thanks again,

Lane

Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS