Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

Training for government licence GST Free?

Is the fee for a training and assessment certificate course that is recognized by government to obtain a government licence GST free?

Rakhi Vasavada :

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Kindly remain online while I prepare your reply.

Rakhi Vasavada :

NO, they are never GST free. The fees for such courses are usually quoted as Fee + GST or FEE -- inclusive of GST but they are never free of GST

Rakhi Vasavada :

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we get credited for assisting you. Alternatively please feel free to reply with further queries if you have and I would be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am aware of another training provider who is providing this training and he has a private ruling that boat licence training is GST Free. Do I need to proceed to a private ruling?

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome again. Thank you for your follow up question.

Yes, you should proceed to a private ruling. To the best of my knowledge, such trainings are not GST Free, but if one claims to have a private ruling, you should proceed to that.

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards