Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

How do I get help with writing checks and receiving payments,

How do I get help with writing checks and receiving payments, taxes, etc. when I am very old and if I am in a nursing home when I never had children? I would need someone my age's children to help me, could they do this with me as well as their own parents? Is that a valid solution? I don't have anyone that close to do that with, either, my husband's brothers are not as close as they used to be, we don't even talk to them much, if it is a solution, I don't know how to approach them, how to do that? Thanks.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

rakhivasavada :

Dear Friend,

rakhivasavada :

Hello and welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer.

rakhivasavada :

I would suggest a simple solution for you. To all the tasks that you mentioned, you can select one person whom you trust and then make out a Power of Attorney made out in his or her favor. Such Power of Attorney would enable that person to carry out all such tasks exactly in the manner you would like.

rakhivasavada :

You can take help of any local attorney who would help you prepare such power of attorney.

rakhivasavada :

I am sure this would help.

rakhivasavada :

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as that is the only way we receive credit for assisting you. Alternatively feel absolutely free to revert with more queries if you have.

Warm Regards...

Experience: Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years