Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have a Home Mortgage, and want to shop for refinancing rates.

I have a Home Mortgage, and want to shop for refinancing rates. I want to be ready to "pull the trigger" when I find the best deal. What documents and information should I have ready, besides last two Tax Returns, so I can cut a deal with best lender immediately?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com

MyVirtualCPA :

You should have paystubs for the last 30-60 days

MyVirtualCPA :

Copies of proof of assets, such as bank statements, 401(k) statements, investment statements, etc

MyVirtualCPA :

A copy of your homeowners insurance, to prove you have adequate coverage

MyVirtualCPA :

Copies of your W-2 form from last year

MyVirtualCPA :

And copies of your title insurance from when you purchased the home - this will assist the lender in verifying the legal description, taxes, and owners of the property

Customer:

Perfect, thanks for the quick response. Any advice or watch-outs to consider?

MyVirtualCPA :

Not that I can think of

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with? If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Excellent, thanks.

Thanks, Jim for the opportunity to assist. Please come back and see me, MyVirtualCPA, if you have any questions during your refinancing process. I also answer tax and social security questions, so keep me in mind for those too. It was a pleasure working with you today.