Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada , Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I am in debt and looking for the easiest way to start building

I am in debt and looking for the easiest way to start building my credit score and possibly even get some debt removed. My license is suspended because of two speeding tickets 2000$ in total how can i pay less on that
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

rakhivasavada :

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer.

rakhivasavada :

The reply to this would be little broad as there is no short cut to reduce your debt and rebuild your credit. You will require a patient and consistent approach to this.

rakhivasavada :

To begin with, if you can afford, go ahead and pay more towards the highest cost debt. Usually this is either credit card or high cost personal loans. Pay more towards this.

rakhivasavada :

Also consider balance transfer on the cards at lower rate if possible.

rakhivasavada :

Also, STOP new credits. On one hand if you try and keep paying more and on the other had if you successfully stop create new debts, this will improve your debt equity ratio over some time.

Also, successfully paying more on high cost debt and no creation of fresh debts will result in improvement of your credit ratio and subsequently your credit score.

rakhivasavada :

AND YES, if you do not have credit card, consider having one "Secured" credit card. start using it and repaying back regularly, this will also help you build your credit anyway. This is ONLY IF APPLICABLE to you.

rakhivasavada :

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as that is the only way we receive credit for assisting you. Alternatively feel absolutely free to revert with more queries if you have.

Warm Regards