Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada , Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I have two questions about filing a form 5500 for Wellfare

Customer Question

I have two questions about filing a form 5500 for Wellfare benefits.

The first question is concerning what are active participants for the plan. We have two plans -- health insurance and life insurance. We have 98 participants in the life insurance and 85 in the health insurance with 2 COBRA participants at the end of the year. Would the participants of the plan be the 98 for life since there are more of those than of the health?

The second question concerns the commissions reported to the broker for health insurance. We were provided our insurance commissions paid by the insurer, which represents commissions they paid to the broker. However, we have an agreement by where we pay the broker directly a sum of money that isn't included in the number given to us by the insurance company. Are we supposed to include that commission as well or only the commissions provided by the insurance company?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professionals to assist you with your question , but sometimes finding the right professionals can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please continue
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Rachel
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, :)

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Continue

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Law, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Best,

Rachel