Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I work within financialservice industry on the business side.

I work within financialservice industry on the business side. Right from childhood i have been very interested in biology and have aced it in school. Unfortunately i coudlnt get into medicine as it wasnt affordable at that time. My passion for medicine has still not died and now that I am financially stable I would like to do some course that would help me jumpstart a new career into medical field. I am not willing to spend 8-9 years getting a physician's degree. Are there any other degrees that can be completed in 2-3 years while i m working and also help me gain a job in medical world with a salary of more than 15ok?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using

MyVirtualCPA :

The programs that only take 2-3 years to complete won't get you a salary of $150K or more

MyVirtualCPA :

One healthcare provider with a median salary of $160K is a nurse anesthetist

MyVirtualCPA :

To get this, you would get a bachelor's degree in nursing, work a year as an RN, then apply to a graduate program

MyVirtualCPA :

So, you're looking at 2-3 years for your bachelor's degree (I assume you already have a bachelor's degree and therefore won't have to take all the general education requirements at this time)

MyVirtualCPA :

And then 1 year of work

MyVirtualCPA :

and then 2-3 years in a master's program

MyVirtualCPA :

So you would invest almost as much time as you would to become a doctor

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm truly sorry that there are no programs out there that yield a $150K income in 2-3 years. For the most part your 2-3 year part time programs will get you in jobs where you earn $50K or so. I'm truly sorry. If there's anything else that I can assist you with today, please be sure to let me know. Thanks again for using and please take a moment to rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

I tried to give you some information in live chat, and it did not show up. Therefore we are having technical difficulties. I apologize for that.

Unfortunately, there are no 2-3 year part time programs that will get you $150K salary. Non-doctors that make that much are nurse anethesists. These professionals make around $160,000 per year, but their training consists of a bachelor's in nursing, plus one year as an RN then 2-3 years in a graduate program. So, you're investing 6-7 years in that as well...almost as much as to be a doctor.

I'm truly sorry I didn't have better news for you. Please don't shoot the messenger! If you would, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are there anyother fields for instance respiratory therapist etc that i could do part time along with my full time job in finance?

Yes, you could train for a career as a respiratory therapist and get around $30 per hour once you have completed your training. You could use this income to supplement what you are earning in your full time finance job.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer