Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

Im transferring over from a Community College to a University

Customer Question

I'm transferring over from a Community College to a University in the fall. I applied for financial aid at about 5 schools. I got accepted and awarded to all the schools. I decided and registered at the school I want to go to. Do I have to notify the other schools that I wont be attending their school so my financial aid wont be messed up at the school I'm going to?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
When you are accepted into a school, you have to confirm that you will be going with that school. If you do not confirm with them they will assume you have decided not to go to that school.

You can certainly contact the schools as a courtesy and let them know you will not be coming.

However, the other schools will already know you aren't coming if you don't reply to them.

Please let me know if you need anything else. IF not , please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again.
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer