Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I work as a subcontractor, but I also own an LLC for a similar

I work as a subcontractor, but I also own an LLC for a similar business. Since I started subcontracting before starting the LLC my sub income comes directly to me as 1099 pay. Would it be better to have the subcontractor income go through my LLC instead of directly to me?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com

MyVirtualCPA :

It doesn't matter one way or another how you are paid. You are taxed the same whether the income comes directly to you or your LLC. In the end you will pay the same tax, so it is a matter of preference

MyVirtualCPA :

If you prefer your income to go through the LLC then have this go that way, but from a tax perspective it's not better one way or the other.

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with tonight? If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today