How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3444
Experience:  Tax Accountant
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does anyone know if you can get a US federally backed school

Customer Question

Does anyone know if you can get a US federally backed school loan and use the funds to go to a school in Canada. If so what is the procedure for getting the loan.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and THANK YOU for contacting JUST ANSWER. My goal is to help YOU make YOUR life, a little...LESS TAXING.

In brief, schools that participate in the FFEL program (Direct Loan Program) would allow students to attend under a federal student loan. You would need to find out if the school in Canada participates in the FFEL program. Refer to the following document for more detailed info:

I have not been asble to locate any specific information relating to which schools in Canada, if any participate in this program.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance ro you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.