Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

Does anyone know if you can get a US federally backed school

Customer Question

Does anyone know if you can get a US federally backed school loan and use the funds to go to a school in Canada. If so what is the procedure for getting the loan.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and THANK YOU for contacting JUST ANSWER. My goal is to help YOU make YOUR life, a little...LESS TAXING.

In brief, schools that participate in the FFEL program (Direct Loan Program) would allow students to attend under a federal student loan. You would need to find out if the school in Canada participates in the FFEL program. Refer to the following document for more detailed info:

http://www.ifap.ed.gov/ForeignSchoolInfo/attachments/FSFAQsStudents.pdf

I have not been asble to locate any specific information relating to which schools in Canada, if any participate in this program.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance ro you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.