Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

Hi. i have debt of 260 poud. i am itnernatiaonl student. i

Hi. i have debt of 260 poud. i am itnernatiaonl student. i am willing to pay the ammount. but i need time. cuz of debt i ama unable to open any bank account.my existing bank account has been closed. waht can i do. how can i make credit hostr better again. and how can i have another bank account.
Regards,
SAphal

rakhivasavada :

Dear Friend, Hello and welcome...

rakhivasavada :

What kind of debt you have ?

rakhivasavada :

Whatever kind of debt it is, I would strongly suggest to contact your lenders. Very honestly tell them your problems and offer to work out a mutually acceptable payment plan.MOST lenders co-operate with such approach.

rakhivasavada :

Apart from this, you can also see where you can cut back your expenses and increase some reserves so that a reasonable payment plan can be devised.

rakhivasavada :

I would also suggest taking professional help from "Citizens Advice" and "The National Debtline", whose details can be found at :

http://www.moneywise.co.uk/investing/financial-goals/20-ways-to-escape-debt-good

rakhivasavada :

Citizens Advice
citizensadvice.org.uk
(020 7833 2181)

The National Debtline
nationaldebtline.co.uk
(0808 808 400)

The Consumer Credit Counselling Service
cccs.co.uk (0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNor 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNin Scotland)

rakhivasavada :

So, first concentrate on your debt, and in some time, your credit too would improve. This would make your opening your bank account easier with any bank

rakhivasavada :

I hope this helps...

Rate this answer POSITIVELY IF you are done with this and if this helps and satisfies you as this is the only way we get compensated for assisting you. You may use "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" to revert with additional queries if you have or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need to pay 60 pound to bank later on that 60 pound turn out to be 260. bank has sent debt collection agency to collect that moeny. i dont know what i need to do.

Dear Friend,

Do one of the two things. First, if possible, contact your lender and try to work out a payment plan. They will SURELY co-operate. If you do not know, how your 60 became 260, contact your bank they will provide you with your account statement.

Secondly, if you are not able to make sense of any of this, kindly contact a debt helpline. Try any of this and they will SURELY help you.

Citizens Advice
citizensadvice.org.uk
(020 7833 2181)

The National Debtline
nationaldebtline.co.uk
(0808 808 400)

The Consumer Credit Counselling Service

I hope this helps...

Warm Regards