Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Do Gift cards, with the Mastercard and Visa stamp, affect credit

Do Gift cards, with the Mastercard and Visa stamp, affect credit scores?
Thank you for your question, and thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com. No, gift cards with a major credit card logo do not impact credit scores. Only credit cards impact credit scores. Gift cards and debit cards have no bearing on your credit score.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for choosing JustAnswer.com and have a happy, and safe, 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if it did? I heard from a friend that when they got a Visa Gift card for their daughter, it affected their credit score.

Thank you for your follow up. They don't impact your credit score at all. They just look like credit cards. You can CLICK HERE to read more.

Thanks again for your follow up and have a happy, and safe 2013.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you.

Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer