Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

Could you help me with a project: it is due by the end of the

Customer Question

Could you help me with a project: it is due by the end of the day>> link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?uoll5jul3bo49et
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

rakhivasavada :

Dear friend,

rakhivasavada :

I would love to assist you but I am indicated that I should answer this question as this is a homework question more than a finance question

rakhivasavada :

Sorry..?

rakhivasavada :

I would love to assist you but I am indicated that I should NOT answer this question as this is a homework question more than a finance question

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not understand what happened it is a finance question , it is not a homework it is just short answer.

Dear Friend,

Let me again get back to moderators and re-confirm. Otherwise, I will end up violating the site policies.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thank you but I am just want to cancel the question, Thank you

Dear Friend,

Sure, I shall forward this / request moderators to help you out.

Warm Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning, Please could you help me out with this project , once I opened now I have only two hour to complete it, this project have 6 essay questions( you can find information on online and base in your experience, it is just you must cited), and one calculation question. The project is About Merger & Acquisition..

Dear Friend,

Let me try. You may post it.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the link, I only have two hour to complete it: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?p1shbe3e9gdu15n

anyways I am posting the project over here questions:

M&A; Merger and Acquisition

1-)Define a horizontal merger. How can a horizontal merger produce synergy benefits? (15 points for horizontal merger, and 15 points for synergy;

2-)List three disadvantages of state regulation of tender offers and mergers.

3. Fair value determination of goodwill and calculating the premium paid over market value in a merger:

Using fair value accounting for goodwill, under FAS 141R, determine the amount of Goodwill that "the acquiring company" enters on its balance sheet in the following situation: Oxford Corporation is acquiring the target Bickley, Inc. in a merger. Both companies are publicly listed. Bickley's market valuation in the merger is $9.0 billion, and its equity value on its balance sheet before any adjustments is $5.5 billion. During the merger process, Bickley's inventories will be written down by $500 million, and its receivables will be written down by $400 million. On the other hand, under fair value accounting, its plant and equipment will increase in value by $1.0 billion. Its patents and trademarks, however, will decrease in value by $500 million.

A) What is the new equity value of Bickley on its balance sheet? (10 points)
B) How much goodwill will Oxford enter on its balance sheet as a result of this merger? (10 points)
C) If the prevailing market value of Bickley was $7.0 billion on the NASDAQ before the merger announcement, what is the premium over market value that Oxford paid for Bickley in dollars and percent? (10 points each for dollars and percent)

4. Under FAS 141 R & 141:

How will goodwill impact the balance sheet of the combined entity after the M & A is completed? (10 points)

How do the increased revaluations of fixed assets and other intangible assets (patents and trademarks) impact the combined annual net income of two companies after the M & A? (10 points)

5. (TCO J) List any three of the reasons that motivated the conglomerate M & As in the 1960s. (10 points for each reason; total 30 points)

6.Define economies of scale and specialization as they are used in the context of M & As. (15 points)

Are these valid reasons for M & As? (15 points)

7.What were the reasons behind the M & A waves of the 1980s and 1990s? (10 points for 1980s and 10 points for 1990s)

Dear Friend,

here, you will need an another expert to help you. Let me transfer you to relevant category.

I am opting out so that no time is wasted.

Regards