R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience:  TurboTax Expert. QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor
63817126

I have been approved for a 40,000.00 loan in the UK. From TFS

I have been approved for a 40,000.00 loan in the UK. From TFS Money Loan I cant find anything negative in the Internet about them just that they are a small quit company. So far I have sent 4,000.00 dls in several different fees like Taxes non UK resident Stamping fees, anti terrorist fees etc. is this all legal. Now there bank wants an additional 2,000.00 to transfer the funds because my account has never received an out of country wire transfer.

fastfile :

Hello and thanks for asking today.

fastfile :

I have bad news for you.

fastfile :

You are the victim of an Advance Fee scam.

fastfile :

You said that you haven't found anything on the web negative about the company. That's because whomever is conducting the scam changes the company name often so that you cannot find anything. Have you found anything POSITIVE? Probably not unless the company put it there themselves.

fastfile :

Do NOT send this company another penny. DO report it to the FBI. Do not be afraid to report this scam because if you don't report it out of shame, then it will continue on.

fastfile :

There is no shame in being fooled the first time. Try not to let it happen again.

fastfile :

No matter what you do, the company will NEVER EVER send you money.

fastfile :

No legitimate lender would ever lend money overseas because it would be very difficult for such a firm to get its money back.

fastfile :

If you gave this company your bank account information, PLEASE do yourself a favor and RUN down to the bank and close the account and open a new one before they start taking money out of your account!

fastfile :

A legitimate fee for an international wire transfer is in the range of $10 to $25. There are no "terrorist fees" or "Stamping fees" with ANY legitimate loan.

fastfile :

You did NOT win a foreign lottery (it is illegal for US residents to play). You did not get a loan.

fastfile :

The good news (if any), if the money you have already paid exceeds 10% of your taxable income AND you itemize deductions, you can deduct a portion of the fraud loss on your tax return for 2012.

fastfile :

If my answer resolves your question today, kindly rate it positively. Do not rate the answer if you need further assistance. Simply ask any follow up question and I will respond before you rate the answer. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to hear of your loss.

Customer:

Thank You for your answer.