Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Can a person apply for a mortgage with different lenders at

Can a person apply for a mortgage with different lenders at the same time? If so, what happens if a person gets more than one approval?
Thank you for your question and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Yes, you may apply for more than one mortgage with different lenders at the same time. If you get more than one approval, you will simply tell the banks you don't want to deal with that you no longer need the loan.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com and have a happy, and safe, 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO XXXXX UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the response. so if we can apply with multiple lenders, why is it that most people apply with one lender at a time?

They apply for one lender at a time, because when they run the credit report it shows on your credit report and can bring your score down. Also, your lender will want to know why the other lender ran your report, and then they will also want assurance that you did not take on any additional debt.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. Also if you ever need anything else in the future please Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer
Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer