Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant
Experience:  I'm a CPA with over 10 years of experience
15068660

my income for senior housing is about 25 dollars over the limit

my income for senior housing is about 25 dollars over the limit guidlines for the property the only variable is possible to draw less than the 6 % of my savings that i am allowed .
Category: Finance
Expert:  Dave CPA replied 3 years ago.

My name is Dave. Let me try and help you. What is the question you are trying to ask?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am looking for senior housing in Maine.the upper limit for income is 31,140. and my estimated income is 31164.

i have annuity from amerpirise where i can take 6% per year and still be gaurenteed this income. if i take more i will lose the guarenty. i was wondering if i withdraw a little less to bring my income within their limit.

Expert:  Dave CPA replied 3 years ago.
Yes,

I would agree.

If you withdraw a little less to be within the limit, that would be a good thing. The small decrease in the income would probably be far less than the extra you would have to pay for other housing. If you feel that you can afford the small difference, that would be the most important factor. It's seems that the decrease is within your acceptable limits, so I agree with your decision. Regards, Dave
Dave CPA, Accountant
Experience: I'm a CPA with over 10 years of experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am asked for my gross income from ss. they are saying that is my amount before medicare insurance is deduct and not the actual amount that is deposited into my account. I guess this is confusing to me as all i get to spend is what they give me.

Expert:  Dave CPA replied 3 years ago.

It's nice to hear from you again.

Let me try and help, but you didn't really ask a question. Gross income from would always be the amount that is paid to you before deductions, and it is not what is actually deposited into your account. Do you have someone close to you that you trust that can help you complete the application?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i guess i was just hoping that there was a way to increase the income limit . i just can't qualify. i will check for another rental .

thank you for your time .