JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors degree and CPA with Accounting experience.
23848519

The general ledger account for Accounts Receivable shows a

The general ledger account for Accounts Receivable shows a debit balance of $40,000. The Allowance for Uncollectible Accounts has a credit balance of $2,000. Net sales for the year were $250,000. In the past, 3 percent of net sales have proved uncollectible. An aging of accounts receivable accounts results in an estimate of $9,000 of uncollectible accounts receivable.

Calculate (1) Uncollectible Accounts Expense and (2) the ending balance of the Allowance for Uncollectible Accounts using (a) the percentage of net sales method and (b) the accounts receivable aging method.

Create an Excel spreadsheet to submit your assignment.

Thanks for the question.

Please click here to download the Excel solution.

Hope this helps!

*** One last step: after you review my response, please take a moment to rate my service as "Excellent" so that I may be credited for assisting you. If my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", please click on "Reply" and let me know what I can do to clarify my answer or provide you with EXCELLENT service. If you reply, please wait to rate my answer UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING A FOLLOW-UP REPLY FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I will receive no earnings; however, this Website will get your entire deposit. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have any problems rating me, then simply reply saying you are having difficulties rating and specify whether my service was excellent, good, or OK and I will ask customer service to apply the rating.***