Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I am a 100% disabled veteran and also receive social security

I am a 100% disabled veteran and also receive social security benefits..Do I still have to income taxes..
Thank you for your question, and your service to our country.

Your VA benefits are excluded from income tax. For your social security disability benefits, it depends on how much income you have. If 1/2 your social security benefits plus all of your VA benefits are greater than $25,000 if you are single or $32,000 if you are married filing jointly, then part of your social security disability may be taxable.

You can take your information to a VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) workshop during tax season. They will help you fill your tax forms out for free. It should be very, very simple if all you have is your social security and VA benefit

Please take a moment to rate my response as "great service" so that I can be compensated for assisting you today. I do not get compensated unless I am rated "got the job done" or above. If you need additional assistance, click "reply" or "continue conversation." Furthermore, if you have difficulties rating please reply and let me know and I will alert customer service. Thanks for using our service!