R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience:  Intuit Ask a Tax Expert. QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor (all editions)
63817126

finding a Angel investor with only a Patent?

Will it be Possibile to find a Angel investor with only a Patent? I have a Working Railroad Car that replaces RR Ties on the run. Plus the idea to recycal the old Ties and hardware and a New Locking Device that secures the rail to the new RR Ties. This Should have Bin 4 Differnt Patent's.

I need the start up cost to higher my Business Planer Paul Burke. To right my Business Plan. I have Jeb Bush, Stephen P Malak and Raymond Reher Waiting to get my Business Plan so that they Can Help.

I em Open To all possibilities.

Category: Finance
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.
There are tons of Angel investors out there, so it should be possible to find one, although it may not be easy.

Here's a great resource to find an angel investor - it's a marketplace where projects and investors can come together http://www.gobignetwork.com/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do it Cost ? Is it Free?
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.
The web site is free, but you will probably have to compensate your angel investor in one way or another through a debt or equity stake in your business venture.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to keep bathering you. But if you where Me? A person with very little to work with as Far as Money. And haveing a Short Term Memory. How wood you go about Finding a Angel Investor?

I only have $844.00 a Mouth Income from my Social Security Disability Check each Mouth.

So i was Hopping to Find a Site that didn't Cost anything to use at the start.? I spent my last $30.00 on this Site. for this mouth. If i can find a Angel Investor I could Pay them back as soon as i was able to sell my Patent. and offer them ? 5% of the Saul Price. on Top of that. Paul Burke will right my Business plan for my Patent www.patentgenius.com/patent/7571681.html It should have bin 4 different Patents. I have a Working RR Railroad Car that well replace RR ties on the Run and leave nothing Behind. Plus the idea to recycle the old Ties and Hardware, AND a New Locking Device that secures the rail to the new RR ties. Jeb Bush Has Seen my Patent and told me to get him a Business Plan And he will help me Find the Money for everything. Billion Malty Billions Hes Words.

All i want to do is to make my Patent Presentable so that i can Sell or team up with a Nether RR Company.

My Plan from the Start was to find a Way to make some money to help People with Disabilities that have a Good idea like my self. Long Story.

And that all started after my own accident. And After i heard about the Primix Corp and there new RR Tie. They have over 8 Billion RR ties on order and those are just samples going to over 40 different counters.

I will not be asking a Lot. I em interested in the Royalty Fees more then anything. Long Story. After My Business Plan is don then i will know what to ask for it.

You Know about the Experts more then i do. do you think you could pass this around and we can work on it to gather. and word it Right for a Angel Investor to read. Something that will Grab them from the Start.

I also have the Attention of Raymond Reher, & Stephen P Malak Both of them have worked with 4 or 5 Fortune 500 Company in the Past. Now with SCORE Hear in Sarasota Fl. And Paul Burke ? His Father is in charge of all the Railroad Crossing in 4 States. and have all the Contacts we will need. And there are a Few More But ? That is enough for Now.

With The Population Growth We Will Need the Rail More and More as Time gos on. I cant see any Down Side to any thing in my Patent.

The Old RR ties can be Recycled to Make Firer Retardant Plywood and resold. Recycling the Old Spikes & Plats So on and So on. Will give use the Metal to make the New Locking Device LONG STORY Jobs Jobs Jobs Jobs

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You Know My Story Buy Now. So if you know of anybody that can Help me Find a Angel investor? Please Send them my way. I em open to all possibilities Even a Partner at this point.

I em only looking for $18,500 for My Business Planer. Paul Burke Thats is the Main Thing i need.

And $150,000 for a mechanical engineer. But that can come later. After the PB

So ? The only thing i have going is. ?? I have the VA ? from when i was in the Air Force. But Still i cant get a Loan based only on my SS disibility Check.

I Need Some Help!!!

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 2 years ago.

Sir:

I believe you will have much better luck in approaching the sale of your idea in a different manner.

An angel investor is not looking for the next best "mouse trap" or any other invention. Understanding the angel investment business is part of the difficulty you may be having, and why there is no interest at this point.

Angel investors are looking for a team (meaning more than you individually) that can take a product from the idea stage to manufacturing to selling in the final market. If you have no experience in running a company or a major area of a company and if you do not have the people, then the best idea is of little interest to an "angel" investor.

You would be doing yourself a disservice to hire a business planner at this early stage if you have no way to raise capital, create a team of experienced business people, and generally be able to take a business plan to reality. Anyone will be glad to take your $10,000 and write you a plan; but with no way of following through, it's just as good as last week's newspaper.

If you have a great idea, consider the more appropriate approach of selling your idea to a company that can make and sell your product. You don't have to do anything, but license the rights and collect a fee, either a one-time fee or an ongoing royalty.

There are many patent attorneys that are aware of companies that purchase patents, as well, you can search for a company that specializes in inventions.

Your cost to investigate these options is a mere fraction of what you would pay to your "business planner".

From your perspective, you are trying to build a stadium, build a new team, then hit a home-run. Instead, concentrate on the pitch in front of you, and hit a single. All you need to do is make that little piece of paper with the patent stamp on it turn into some cash for yourself. You don't need to try to make a million dollars on the first try.

Good luck on your endeavors.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much.

So your saying just get a License. with a patent stamp and mail it out to all the Railroad Companys ? And Hope for the Best ? What dos it Cost to get a license. I know i will have to contact a Patent Attorney to find out.

Maybe ? Mail it out to all the RR Companys at the same time and say make offer buy ? a serten Date. ???? in 3 or 4 weeks ??? Starting Bid ? $50,000? $100,000.00? But Negotiable Depending on Royalty Fees. Say ? .50 Cents from every Tie that was Replaced. .50 Cents From the Recycling ? Thats going to take some thought. I don't want to ask to much or to little ???? I want everybody to fill they can make a Bid. Or Just Say $1.00 a Tie for everything.

I'm not certain where you got the "get a License and mail it out" idea from.

If you are going to "license" an idea, it is not like going out and getting a "driver's license". A license is a legal document that a company agrees to pay you a fee for you giving them the right to use your idea. You need an attorney to make a licensing agreement.

However, you are not the one that should go out the end-users and try to sell the product as a raw idea. There are companies that do that for you. You make a legal contract (agreement) with the company and they go out and build or sell your idea. You will not be able to go out and solicit bids because nobody will bid. You have to find an agent or agent-company to represent you. You will be giving up a portion of your sales, but giving up a portion is better than keeping 100% of nothing.

The world's best idea, even a patented idea, is worthless on paper, unless you can get someone to purchase it from you or you are able to build your idea into a salable item.

My advice: Speak to a patent attorney or find several invention-investment firms and see if you can find someone willing to pay you for your idea. Don't stop at just one firm and expect their answer to be the best.

R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience: Intuit Ask a Tax Expert. QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor (all editions)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have called my old Patent attorneys Law firm and left a message. The Attorneys that rout it are now retired. I felt a Message so maybe someone else will contact me. And i Contacted my Guardianship attorney. They are going to look in to it to give me a Hand.

I em Still wondering what it will cost to get the Forms and Fill them Out? I think there are Different Types of Licenses. ? And of Corse i need one for the hole USA

Thank You Once again

OK Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much.

I'm saying that I have no idea what you are talking about.

You don't go out an "get a license".

I don't know where (or why) you'd get a "patent stamp".

And I certainly would not recommend mailing it to all your potential customers.

And you won't get a response to a "request to bid".

Your customers aren't going to make the product. If they want it, they want to buy a finished product or hire someone to provide them a complete service.

Find a firm that specializes in inventions is what I recommended. They will know how to build and market your product. They will be able to determine if there even is a market for your invention.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I really Think you for your Time. This was a Pipe Dream From the Start. And i just got a Little Carred Away with it. I cant wait to here back from my Gardenship Attorney or the Patent Law Ferm that i used. On what it will Cost to License this Thing. And it dosent cost to much. Do you have any ideas?

Can i contact you as things?? take Place. for more addvice? i should have a nether ? 20 Days left on this Site. ? Maybe you can help me find and make desission on the right orgination to handel this. ?? I will keep you informed as i here anything. I realy Liked what Mr. ?? had to say I dont see his replys any more. ?

And i dident use the Site Right I dident give my Respons to how much i Liked the Anserws on every reply. I hope he Knows how much i appresated his Addvise.

I'm glad you liked our advise. We will be here if you need us. Thanks.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The only thing we cannot do is make the decisions for you. You will need to do that!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I Understand That. I just hope we have somethng to talk about when the Time Comes