Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

How can I get financial help for major dental work? I have

Customer Question

How can I get financial help for major dental work? I have insurance from work, but can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars per visit. I need at least $6,000 of work done.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 4 years ago.

Shawn P Adamo :

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

Shawn P Adamo :

Unfortunately you have already done the prudent search. Dental schools will be your best bet. What state are you in?

Shawn P Adamo :

there are not many options available to you. Try a local hospital that offers a dental residency. That has worked for several of my clients.

Customer:

Like I said in original question, I applied at dental school online and was informed that they couldn't help me. I am in Texas. This answer did not seem very helpful.

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I have never met a dentist who will work on your mouth before he's paid in full. However call around and see if you cam get the contract rate that the dentist charges an insurance company.

For instance my periodontist charges $4,000 for an implant to someone without insurance but $2,500 for someone who has insurance because of the contract with the insurance company. See if you can at least get a discount for the difference between their regular fee and what they would have charged an insurance company.

If you have cash see if you cam get a cash discount. Other than that there's not much you can do. Dental work isn't like medical work.
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 4 years ago.
Dear Friend,

Since you said that the above answer did not help you, I am trying to provide additional resources. This is not a over post and hope my expert friend Shawn would appreciate this. Also, I have something additional and significantly different to what my another expert friend MyVirtualCPA just said and hence this answer.

Coming to the point, For a low cost dental surgery, kindly explore the following contact.
http://www.manosdecristo.org/contact.html

Having said this, the following is a list of free dental clinics across your State, i.e. Texas. See if that helps too..

http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/vcity.php?stateid=TX

See if the above helps... Feel free to revert with additional queries if you have if this answer did not help.
Warm Regards,
Experience: Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years