Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

Compute the cost of capital for the firm for the following: A

Compute the cost of capital for the firm for the following:
A A bond that has a $1,000 par value (face value) and a contract or coupon interest rate of 11.4%. The bonds have a current value of $1,121 and will mature in 10 years. The firm's marginal tax rate is 34%.

B.A new common stock issue that paid a $1.78 dividend last year. The firm's dividends are expected to continue to grow at 6.5% per year forever. The price of the firms common stock is now $27.59

C. A preferred stock paying a 8.5% dividend on a $133 par value

D. A bond selling to yield 11.9% where the firm's tax rate is 34%
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Please post the full question as it appears in your book so that I can help

Regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Cost of capital from this bond dent___%

the cost of capital from common equity----%

the cost of preferred stock ---%

the cost of capital from this bond debt--%
What is the price of the preferred stock? There is missing data :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is all the information that it gives me and its looking for %

I believe there is missing information, I will post the solution according to the given data, but I recommend that you email the instructor and tell him that the Current Price of Preferred Stock is not given. This is because if Preferred Stock is currently selling at par, then the cost of preferred stock is already given as 8.5%

Please advise the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition (is the question from the book?)

Please click on the following link for the solution:

http://www.box.com/s/faab30e964af94bbeaac

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.