Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

Hi...I have a timed assigment. 7 questions 1 hour...Are you

Hi...I have a timed assigment. 7 questions 1 hour...Are you available to help?

Hi

Yes :) This is Finance, right?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes...Finance!
Can we do it after one hour? I need to help someone with a timed quiz also now
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sounds good. Let me know when its time. I will be waiting

Deal :)

Please do not respond to this message as this would lock me out of replying
to other posts and cause a delay in getting back to you

Sorry for being late

I am ready :)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Clayton Industries is planning its operations for next year, and Ronnie Clayton, the CEO, wants you to forecast the firm's additional funds needed (AFN). The firm is operating at full capacity. Data for use in your forecast are shown below. Based on the AFN equation, what is the AFN for the coming year? Dollars are in millions.

Last year’s sales = S0 $350 Last year’s accounts payable $40

Sales growth rate = g 30% Last year’s notes payable $50

Last year’s total assets = A0* $500 Last year’s accruals $30

Last year’s profit margin = PM 5% Target payout ratio 60%

Answer
a.

$102.8

b.

$108.2

c.

$113.9

d.

$119.9

e.

$125.9

1 points

Question 2

1. Suppose Yon Sun Corporation’s free cash flow during the just-ended year (t = 0) was $100 million, and FCF is expected to grow at a constant rate of 5% in the future. If the weighted average cost of capital is 15%, what is the firm’s value of operations, in millions?

Answer
    a.

$948

b.

$998

c.

$1,050

d.

$1,103

e.

$1,158

1 points

Question 3

1. You were hired as a consultant to Quigley Company, whose target capital structure is 35% debt, 10% preferred, and 55% common equity. The interest rate on new debt is 6.50%, the yield on the preferred is 6.00%, the cost of common from retained earnings is 11.25%, and the tax rate is 40%. The firm will not be issuing any new common stock. What is Quigley's WACC?

Answer
    a.
    8.15%
    b.
    8.48%
    c.
    8.82%
    d.
    9.17%
    e.
    9.54%

1 points

Question 4

1. Which of the following statements is CORRECT? Assume that the project being considered has normal cash flows, with one outflow followed by a series of inflows.

Answer
    a.

The longer a project’s payback period, the more desirable the project is normally considered to be by this criterion.

b.

One drawback of the regular payback for evaluating projects is that this method does not properly account for the time value of money.

c.

If a project’s payback is positive, then the project should be rejected because it must have a negative NPV.

d.

The regular payback ignores cash flows beyond the payback period, but the discounted payback method overcomes this problem.

e.

If a company uses the same payback requirement to evaluate all projects, say it requires a payback of 4 years or less, then the company will tend to reject projects with relatively short lives and accept long-lived projects, and this will cause its risk to increase over time.

1 points

Question 5

1. Harry's Inc. is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project's NPV?

WACC: 10.25%

Year 0 1 2 3 4 5

Cash flows -$1,000 $300 $300 $300 $300 $300

Answer
    a.

$105.89

b.

$111.47

c.

$117.33

d.

$123.51

e.

$130.01

1 points

Question 6

1. The term “additional funds needed (AFN)” is generally defined as follows:

Answer
    a.

Funds that are obtained automatically from routine business transactions.

b.

Funds that a firm must raise externally from non-spontaneous sources, i.e., by borrowing or by selling new stock to support operations.

c.

The amount of assets required per dollar of sales.

d.

The amount of internally generated cash in a given year minus the amount of cash needed to acquire the new assets needed to support growth.

e.

A forecasting approach in which the forecasted percentage of sales for each balance sheet account is held constant.

1 points

Question 7

1. Hindelang Inc. is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project's MIRR? Note that a project's MIRR can be less than the WACC (and even negative), in which case it will be rejected.

WACC: 12.25%

Year 0 1 2 3 4

Cash flows -$850 $300 $320 $340 $360

Answer
    a.

13.42%

b.

14.91%

c.

16.56%

d.

18.22%

e.

20.04%

1 points

Question 8

As a member of UA Corporation’s financial staff, you must estimate the Year 1 cash flow for a proposed project with the following data. What is the Year 1 cash flow?

Sales revenues, each year $42,500

Depreciation $10,000

Other operating costs $17,000

Interest expense $4,000

Tax rate 35.0%

Answer
a.

$16,351

b.

$17,212

c.

$18,118

d.

$19,071

e.

$20,075

Hello again :)

Please click on the following link:

http://www.box.com/s/2fc139a70fa2b54eeee9

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you available tonight for a timed assigment? 18 questions 2 1/2 hour...

I have responded to you on the other post.