Taxtom
Taxtom , Accountant
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
21049508

Hello, Im selling items including GST (bought from overseas,

I'm selling items including GST (bought from overseas, fully paid GST, duties and fees) at a monthly or fortweekly communitymarket and in next time they can also be ordered from my website. Now my question is: At which time do I have to pay the GST from the sold items? At which time and where do I have to notify the earnings? At the moment I'm not making any profit, at the moment the expenditure is higher as the income - I'm just at the beginning of this business. Do I need to apply for a second IRD-Number or do I have to change my taxcode (I'm working fulltime)?
Thank you for your answer
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 4 years ago.

Taxtom :

Hello, The threashold is $60,000, or expected to reach $60,000 a year. Here is the link for the information http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/gst-registering/register-who/ Thanks Tom