Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada , Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

where can i go to find out which states have the highest paying

Customer Question

where can i go to find out which states have the highest paying pensions
Category: Finance
Expert:  Seanna replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I fear your question is almost impossibly broad. There really is no one source to compare this vast amount of data, as pensions vary greatly even within the states, and by position, not to mention I'm not clear if you're just looking for state employee pensions or private? Would you please be as specific as possible about what prompts your question and provide any details about your situation that you can.

For instance, are you referring solely to pensions that state employees may be eligible for? What types of positions? What is your age? Pension levels vary depending upon years of service. Are you actually willing to relocate anywhere in the 50 for a better pension? What is your threshold, considering that many states may have only slight differences, and that the cost of living in different areas means that even living somewhere with a higher pension doesn't mean having a better standard of living.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this is a question regarding state employees. some states pay you a percentage of your highest salary. i'm trying to learn which states pay the most to the state employee. for example, i'm a nurse. which states pay the most to their nurses after 20 years of service for example. i'm told there are some states that are generous and others that are stingy. no sense in working in a stingy state.

Expert:  Seanna replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information. I fear that still leaves quite a broad question and I won't be able to dedicate sufficient time to research, so I will have to opt out.

You will receive an email notification if another Expert is able to assist.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i understand