Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

In both deciding to agree to me taking over the legal ownership

In both deciding to agree to me taking over the legal ownership of the marital home I bought her share of the home. The lawyers fees were paid by me I am trying to retrieve her half share of the costs is she legally liable to pay the costs ?

Dear Friend,

I do not know the complete agreement you two must have reach on all the things. However, apparently, as it appears from the question, you bought out her share of the marital home you both owned. If it is YOU who hired the lawyer and paid him, I am afraid, you will not be able to recover half amount from her unless otherwise agreed upon expressly.

Hope this helps...

Warm Regards,