Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

I Have been having problems for over a year with my back and

I Have been having problems for over a year with my back and neck. And medicaid keeps denying my MRI orders. And each time they give more things they want me to do before they will approve it.
I feel Like qthey are just giving me the runaround. I am not living life I am unable to do pretty much anything due to being in pain.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 5 years ago.

Dear Sir,

They must have given you some reason for not approving for an MRI. Did they site any reason ??

If you are sure that you have got done all your pre-tests and MRI is the only requirement / option left, then you will need to appeal against Medicaid. I would advice you to contact / get in touch with your case manager at medicaid and he will help you and guide you through the appeals process. Typically, you will need to give an appeal letter to the Medicaid appeals representative in your area. It should be addressed to the Bureau of Appeals. Some states may also give you an option to call in the appeal to their office.

Fill out the appeals form. Most departments provide you with an appeals form for Medicaid decisions. You'll give your Medicaid information along with the reason that you are appealing the claim. Get a statement from your physician. A physician's statement is often required during the appeals process. The statement will give the reasons that you needed to get the service that was performed.

The following link details the Medicaid Appeals process IJ:

I am sure this would help.. Wish you good health...

Warm Regards,